Rocking a stylish beard doesn’t take much paparazzi, especially when there are easy-to-style options. You can opt for either a low-profile beard or a voluminous style. And speaking of low-profile beards, the Short Boxed Beard is super popular and highly recommended.
It doesn’t alter the natural growth direction of your beard and can fashionably fit any face shape. This is why A-list celebrities like Jon Hamm, Ryan Reynolds, Jake Gyllenhaal, Chris Hemsworth, and George Clooney have made the short boxed beard one of their favorites. And in today’s post, I’ll show you how to fix yourself a Short Boxed Beard.
Steps to Trimming a Short Boxed Beard
Step 1: Let Your Facial Hair Grow
Now, you may be thinking; how long does it take to grow my facials for a Short Boxed beard? Well, the major factors determining hair growth rate are your genetic structure and lifestyle (quality of food and sleep). However, on average, it may take about 4 to 7 weeks to grow your beard into the length required for this style.
Anyway, while holding the fort in this period, make provision for the following beard trimming tools:
- Safety Razor/Shavette.
- Beard Trimmer.
- A pair of Scissors.
- Beard comb/brush.
- Mirror Glass.
- Beard oil for maintenance (much more on that later).
Step 2: Washing
- Note that the facial skin is more sensitive than the scalp and may react to regular hair shampoo. This is why you should invest in beard shampoo.
- Wet the beard by rinsing it with water.
- Introduce a little amount of beard shampoo into your palm and work it into the beard.
- Use a piece of beard brush to gently scrub off dirt and oil.
- Wash the face with clean water and dry it with a towel.
- If your beard is extremely dirty, you may need to wash it twice.
- Straighten out your facial hair with a piece of beard comb.
Step 3: Trimming
- If you intend to do the low-box, reduce the cheek lines height by 1 to 1.5”. But for the high-box style, crop out the cheek line to any height.
- Use a razor to define the breadth of the line close to your ears down to the cheek line.
- Fix a ½-inch guard comb to your beard trimmer. But for this, the edges matter. You’d want to achieve neat edges as you clip away rogue hairs above your top line while trimming. Also, brush away stray hair on your sideburns.
- As you trim, move to the neckline above your Adam’s apple. You should trim cautiously here and get a clearer view of the hidden areas with a mirror for precision.
- After trimming, wash your face and dry it. Now, you can apply beard oil to prevent itchiness and dryness, and moisturize the skin.
Going by a ½ inch monthly facial hair growth, it will take about a month to grow out, for a short boxed beard with a length of 1.25cm length.
Now, if you have doubts about rocking a short boxed beard, probably because of your face shape, no worries as it is considered to be a universally fit style for all face shapes. It goes with round, triangle, heart; square and oval shapes. Till then, keep looking smarter by using the helpful guides on our home page.