by Lisiana Carter
Skin-credible Beauty Looks for Fall NYFW
Are you ready to find out the hottest trends you should be putting on your face and locks this fall? If you’re excited, hold your horses, Dearie, cause there are tons of look-books that are going to give you very different takes on what’s hot and what’s not.
The first thing you need to know is that all of the Top 7 looks to get this fall are relying on healthy, blemish-free skin. So, make sure you have your skin lightening cream ready to keep your skin prepped for these 7 trendiest looks this season:
1. Metallic eyes. From silver mini dresses to gold pants to glitter pumps — and shimmery eyes? Yes! Metallics are this fall’s hottest must-have. If you want to get trendy, simply top off your eye makeup in nude with a glitter powder and perhaps even color your tear glands with a highlighter. You don’t have to be wearing clothes in gold or silver to pull of this metallic look, any streetwear casual ensemble or evening dress will look instantly trendy with your eyes shining bright!
2. Dark, smoky eyes. Smoky eyes will be hanging on this season, dark, smoky eyes to be exact. Onyx and deep purple in large color blocks and gradients over your eyelids will be a familiar daily wear as the season makes way for the Holidays. Whether it is a bright top and bottom pairing, metallic clothes or bright, floral brocades you are wearing, dark smoky eyes are going to be a top favorite to pair with this season’s newest picks this season.
3. Black, eye-lined eyes. If large blocks of onyx powder feels too much for you, you’ll be happy to know that lining your eyes with ash or charcoal eyeliner pencil will be just as trendy. Line your top and bottom water lines loosely — no need for perfectly flawless straight lines. Let the color hang loosely on your eye lines. No need to draw your cat eyes but, you can very well go for it if you choose to. Complete your makeup with large, open, full, thick and curled up eyelashes. Add a lip color in nude matte to complement your very black eyeliner.
4. Deep purple lips. This is a trend that can easily make you look old and worn, if you’re not careful what colors to wear it with. Complement your deep plum lips with nude colors in browns and light peaches, full eyebrows and unlined eye lines. Make sure your clothes are printed or sewn in happy colors to cancel out the darkness of your pout. Top with a gloss to pack an added shine or, highlight with silver glitter powder to catch more attention.
5. Messy buns, loose braids, head bands and tiaras. Princesses and courtesans continue to inspire the no makeup, no fuss looks this fall. Wear this look with your very feminine dress pieces like velvets, florals and laces to channel the inner royalty in you. Put on a light blush and a hint of glitter or highlighter on your eyes or tear glands. Complete the look with metallic, shimmery or bejeweled head bands and tiaras.
6. Pinks and peaches. Certified no makeup shades, pinks and peaches, will continue to dominate fall. If you need a go-to makeup this season, these two shades are “it”! Time to set aside your mauves and browns or, jazz up your nudes with pinks and peaches, and you’ll be absolutely fine, posh and feminine. Wear this makeup with equally subtle lip color in light pink or peach metallic and you will be glowing like never before! To perfect this look, don’t forget to prep your skin nicely with sheer, light moisturizers and a skin lightening cream to give yourself a natural glow without leaving the surface greasy.
7. Bright eyeliners and lips. Bright colors in pinks, greens and blues are a hit in fall. Start your makeup routine by treating your skin with a nourishing product. Choose your products wisely and accordingly with your needs. Simply take an eye pencil in any of these shades. Line your top and bottom waterlines loosely and really bring it out of the corner of your eyes.
Blaze your way into these 7 hottest looks of fall and everybody in school or where you work will remember that you were the one who started the trend (wink! wink!).
Lisiana Carter is a renowned independent researcher and is studying the impact of technology in the beauty industry. She is passionate about beauty, makeup, fashion and skincare industry. She holds a Ph.D. in beauty and thereby has been consistently sharing her experience by writing various articles related to makeup, beauty, fashion and skin care. She has been writing on beauty and skin care related topics from the past 10 years. Follow her at www.thebeautyinsiders.com.