Frequently Asked Questions
How does this site work?
Schedules, on the other hand, show ALL of the individual events within a fashion week, where available.
1. Check the fashion week calendar to see which fashion weeks are upcoming.
2. To find out which events are happening each day, see the schedules (Mainly “Big 4” fashion weeks at present).
3. Although most events are industry only, there are some open-to-the-public events listed. If one interests you, click on it, and you’ll find more information inside.
4. Can’t make it to the shows? You can watch many of them streamed live.
5. Often you can even shop live.
When does fashion week happen each year?
The womenswear shows begin in February and September. The menswear shows (and the women’s “haute couture” shows in Paris) happen in January and in the summer months. For more details, read “When Is Fashion Week?“
How can I attend, volunteer, or work during fashion week?
Although most events are “industry only” (buyers and press), there are specific opportunities for the public to attend. Read “How to Attend Fashion Week.“
I’d like to model / do makeup during fashion week.
Obviously there are a lot of ways to go about this. One approach would be to look at the classifieds here, post a classified offering your services, or Google around for other fashion classified listings (there are a lot of websites that do this, actually). You might also contact the producers directly. (There’s a list of NYFW producers here.)
Finally, if you’re willing to do a little research, there’s a lot of great info. here.
How can I apply as a designer?
You can see a list of designers who produce shows in New York here. In Europe, you can produce the show yourself, as many designers do, or contact a producer or agency dedicated to fostering and promoting talent (like Mode à Paris in France, Camera Nazionale della Moda in Italy, or the British Fashion Council in London).