10 Best Fashion Design Schools in the World in 2021
If you are thinking about joining the fashion industry, you need to be doubly prepared to enter any field of fashion. Hence, whether it be designing or making clothes for sale, an education at a reputable school will positively impact and elevate your career as a fashion designer. Also, don’t forget to find a reliable online paper writing service to take care of your not-related-to-fashion assignments.
However, before listing the best fashion schools in the world, let’s take a look at why you might want to attend a fashion school and how our ratings were compiled. To enter any of the universities, you will need your design skills, good certificate scores, as well as a cover letter (here turn to the essay writing service, and focus on creating a portfolio.)
The most populated most talked about, and most inspiring city in the USA. Fashion is a huge part of life in New York. The most famous fashion publications are concentrated here – Vogue, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Marie Claire. And, of course, two of the best fashion schools are located in New York:
1. Parsons, The New School for Design. The school offers programs in Fashion Design, Fashion Science, and Fashion Marketing. She boasts such famous alumni as Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang, Donna Karan, Jason Wu. Parsons maintains close ties with former students who are actively involved in the life of the university. For example, seminars with Donna Karan and Proenza Schouler were organized, and there is no doubt about the career prospects of the students.
2. The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT). The institute is sometimes referred to as MIT for Fashion. FIT offers programs in fashion design, business, marketing, illustration, and modeling. Notable alumni include Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, and Caroline Herrera.
London is rightfully recognized as one of the most fashionable cities on the planet. Historically, the British have watched and inspired the French across the English Channel, although in the 20th century London went from follower to leader.
3. Central Saint Martins. University of the Arts London (UAL) Central Saint Martins offers programs in fashion, textiles, and jewelry design. The university is partially funded by the government, so it will gladly welcome talented students into its walls. Central Saint Martins has graduated from such famous personalities as Alexander McQueen, Paul Smith, Stella McCartney, and Christopher Kane.
4. London College of Fashion. In addition to courses in fashion design, students can choose from fashion marketing, journalism, merchandising, cosmetics science, beauty, fashion criticism, and even courses specializing in footwear and accessories. Notable alumni include Jimmy Choo and Rupert Sanderson.
5. Royal College of Art. Royal College of Art offers graduate and graduate programs, the cost of courses at this college is higher than in the above universities, but it is offset by the fact that the college provides students with the opportunity to gain experience in working in the largest fashion houses in the world, including Prada, Louis Vuitton, Givenchy, and Burberry.
Italy is the country in which the main trends in Europe were born. Florence, Rome, Naples, Genoa, and Venice are undoubtedly the centers of fashion, but thanks to their 80s fashion houses, it was Milan that became the fashion capital.
6. Istituto Marangoni has 3 campuses, the main of which are located in Milan, and the other two are in Paris and London. Programs include fashion design, fashion business, brand management, marketing, and advertising. A large number of international students study at the university. The university graduated from Franco Moschino and Domenico Dolce.
7. Politecnico di Milano. Politecnico di Milano was founded back in 1863 and is the largest school of architecture, design, and engineering in Italy. The university has about 42,000 students! The big plus of Politecnico di Milano is the relatively low cost of training.
It is undeniable that Paris has earned the title of European Fashion Capital, which has a big impact on stylish locals. And although New York, London, and Milan are now on an equal footing with Paris, the French capital is and will be the center of the fashion world. Two fashion schools in Paris are among the top best in the world:
8. Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne. The school has a small number of students in courses in design and fashion techniques, internationally renowned haute couture classes, and undergraduate programs. Alumni include Yves Saint Laurent, Valentino and André Courrezet.
9. ESMOD. The ESMOD International School of Fashion is located in Paris, but also has additional campuses in other French cities and 21 campuses in the world. Students are offered programs in fashion design and business. Also, ESMOD is the first French fashion school, founded in 1841.
Located in Tokyo, Bunka Gakuen University Fashion School is one of the most popular fashion schools in Asia. Studying in Tokyo, one of the world’s top 10 fashion capitals, means you can get access to the best of East-West Fusion, Tokyo’s next-generation avant-garde designers, the region’s contemporary art style, and more.
10. Fashion courses at Bunka Gakuen are organized by Bunka Fashion College and Bunka Fashion Graduate University. The programs offered range from fashion design to research and fashion technology creation. The undergraduate programs at Bunka Fashion College are divided into four faculties – Fashion Engineering, Fashion Technology, Fashion Marketing, and Distribution, followed by Fashion Accessories and Textiles. Bunka Fashion Graduate University offers graduate programs in fashion creation, design, and fashion management.